Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for assisting the management in enhancing the Company’s fair lending program and collaborating with business unit management in the development of fair lending risk controls to ensure that all consumer lending activities and work are in compliance with all applicable fair lending laws and regulations. This is an individual contributor role, who will focus on the following responsibilities:
- Maintains a high level of awareness and knowledge of Fair Lending compliance requirements (including Americans with Disabilities Act, Limited English Proficiency and Elder protection) and assisting in the identification of Fair Lending risks. Possesses the ability to identify fair lending risks particularly in an environment of new and emerging technologies (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning).
- Assists in managing the governance programs for marketing, credit risk and servicing related campaigns, models and strategies to identify fair lending risks. Supports the business in operationalizing legal and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates regulatory changes within affected business units and ensure that changes and controls are implemented to facilitate regulatory compliance.
- Assists in evaluating the adequacy of business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, system and manual processes, and provides support for research of regulatory requirements related to fair lending risk.
- Assists in planning and executing the annual Statistical Testing program to analyze fair lending issues.
- Assists in performing an enterprise wide fair lending risk assessment. Communicates and collaborates with business partners in the first line of defense regarding compliance risks and controls.
- Assists in preparing reports and other presentations for committee reporting.
- Prepares for regulatory exams, internal audits and compliance tests. Plan and execute Fair Lending Program initiatives with guidance from the Senior Manager and the Fair Lending Program Director.
- Promotes a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes. Ensures compliance issues are brought to the attention of senior compliance professionals. Collaborate with the business to implement corrective action and controls as a result of the risk assessment, Compliance or Internal Audit findings.
- Assists Principals, Managers, or Senior Manager in discrete portions of larger projects.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in any field
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Compliance, Risk, Operations, Governance, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Compliance, Law, Risk Operations, Governance, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Compliance, Law, Risk Operations, and Governance
- Lending, Deposits Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- Project Management Professional
- JD, CISA, CIPP, CRMP, RIMS, or similar preferred
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.