Guaranteed Rate, one of the largest and fastest growing independent mortgage companies in the U.S., is an industry leader in delivering low rate, low fee mortgages with unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago, we have more than 3,000 employees in over 170 offices nationwide. Guaranteed Rate is the 8th largest retail lender in the country and has recently been recognized in Inc. magazine as a top private job creator and one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Guaranteed Rate is working to reinvent the mortgage experience through innovation, technology and a relentless focus on providing industry-leading mortgage products and superlative customer service. The Legal Admin will embrace these efforts by supporting the Guaranteed Rate legal team on administrative, contract, employment, regulatory compliance, and litigation matters and other special projects and by helping to keep the day-to-day operations of the legal department running smoothly. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, solve problems creatively, prioritize, exercise business judgment soundly, and operate with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Support litigation team by calendaring response dates, investigating complaints, compiling discovery, responding to subpoenas, redacting documents, issuing litigation holds and maintaining a litigation summary
- Schedule meetings, manage calendars, and complete expense reports for the supported attorneys
- Manage outside counsel invoice tracking and approvals
- Serve as legal department liaison to other departments
- Assist with legal department operations, including managing forms, implementing technology solutions, facilitating training programs, organizing team meetings, and other special projects
- Maintain corporate governance records, and renew trade name filings and Do Not Call List subscriptions for Guaranteed Rate, Inc. and its affiliates
- Assist the legal department with other administrative and overflow work as necessary
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects under tight timelines
- Willingness to learn the business and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Concise and persuasive communication skills
- Solid business acumen with ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally
- Proven track record of multi-tasking and working under a heavy workload with changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilient with a sense of humor
- Prior financial services experience, especially mortgage experience, is a plus but not required
- At least two years of relevant work experience preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Bachelor’s degree
- Local candidates only
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.