Purpose of the Role:
This role will assist our Staff Attorney and General Counsel in completing daily tasks which allow the company to run efficiently. Particularly, this candidate will be a member of a small legal team and work across all sectors of the company to address any legal requests.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for all sectors of the business, with oversight by Staff Attorney.
- Managing all legal communications and ensuring timely responses.
- Filing and responding to all insurance claims.
- Addressing employee verification requests.
- Answering subpoenas and working with various business partners to gather required information.
- Responding to bankruptcy notices and working with Accounts Payable on garnishment orders.
- Responding to all BBB complaints and working with Director of Solution Center to close claims.
- Conducting legal research in areas of the law, varying from FDA, FTC, Prop 65, GDPR, and DSA regulations.
Competencies for Success:
- Being Resilient
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Instills Trust
Measures of Success:
- Maintaining contract review KPI on a monthly basis, by ensuring the contracts they review are addressed within 3 to 4 business days of being received.
- Maintaining material compliance on a vast amount of regulations that impact our business.
- Manage intellectual property portfolio, international expansion management software and product development legal support tasks.
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree required.