Legal Billing Specialist
Are you a legal billing professional looking for a career change? Do you have legal billing experience within a law firm? Have you owned the billing process functions in a law firm or for multiple law firms? Are you ready to change the way small law firms work for the better?
At Smokeball our first priority is the success of our employees and our clients. Smokeball itself is a productivity software made to help small law firms and individual lawyers manage and execute their work. We as a team, help turn Smokeball into much more than just software, and into a force that drives positive change in their business.
Client success for us, is a combination of a few factors. Successful Smokeball clients don’t just use the product, but see value in how it helps them run their day… and business. Especially clients who are online!
Which is where you come in.
We are seeking a Legal Billing Specialist.
This role is an in-house position with standard hours Monday – Friday. Over the course of a week your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the billing process and procedures of the Smokeball Client base.
- Identify and present applicable solutions that may help address client billing objectives.
- Effectively communicate to Smokeball clients, how Smokeball software can provide billing process optimization, promote efficiency, and increase revenue per matter.
- Ability to demonstrate and deliver consistent follow-up with our client base as it relates to their billing process.
- Learn the ins and outs of Smokeball, and its new features as they are released.
- Facilitate online technical training sessions.
- Establish and build a positive relationship with clients.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other client success and helpdesk team members.
- Assist in general support calls from our clients, when needed.
- Create knowledge articles, guides, and videos, when needed.
- Laugh and learn everyday with your Smokeball teammates.
Your impact will include, but is not limited to:
- Leading initiatives where the impact is significant in supporting the client’s needs. Initiatives may include increasing client usage of Smokeball and client retention.
- Demonstrating subject matter expertise in two or more areas of Smokeball software that can be utilized by clients and team members as needed.
- Driving client retention which has a direct impact with the overall success of Smokeball.
If you are ready to take on this exciting new role, are passionately tech savvy and love helping people - we can’t wait to hear from you.
Please respond with your answers to the following questions:
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- Why you are interested in helping law firms adopt technology?
- How do you feel your experience can help our law firm clients?
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE/HAVE:
- 3-5 years of legal billing experience.
- Prior experience tracking billable time and creating billable reports in a law firm.
- Knowledge of generating invoices from a firm’s billable time records.
- Prior experience working with any of the following software programs is a must; Clio, TimeMatter, TimeSlips, Abacus, Tabs, PCLaw, Amicus or Rocket Matter.
- Paralegal or J.D. education a plus.
- Relevant client engagement experience in post-sales support, professional services, project management or account management functions in an online setting.
- Familiarity with distance-learning tools, such as: GotoTraining, Camtasia, and LMS software.
- Experience in training and/or teaching in an online setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially as it relates to technology.
- Patience, empathy, and integrity approaching each situation with a fresh outlook and the client’s success in mind.
- Strong technical skills that allow you to easily guide clients through technical processes online.
- Ability to identify client needs and challenges that must be tackled in order for them to grow into the product.
- A Team player.
Our Legal Billing Specialist position is a, full-time position and is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with convenient access to CTA and Metra stations. Smokeball offers a competitive salary and benefits package.