WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
IMC seeks a Legal Counsel (2-4 years experience) to provide legal support across various departments including Procurement, Technology, Human Resources, Compliance, Finance and Trading. This position will offer general legal advice on a variety of matters, with its primary focus on reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial arrangements.
- Draft, negotiate, and review commercial contracts, including technology agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements and other business and legal arrangements.
- Advise stakeholders of potential risks in contractual areas and propose risk mitigation strategies; provide creative and legally sound solutions for resolution of disputes with commercial business partners.
- Assist in responding to regulatory inquiries; serve as a support point for the Compliance Department, assist with investigations and in drafting inquiry responses.
- Research and author legal memorandum regarding various emerging issues including technology, IP, and employment law.
- Review existing policies and procedures of IMC, identify areas for continuous improvement; formulate and draft policies and procedures, as required.
- Maintain and update relevant corporate and LLC records, as needed or directed. Provide advice regarding corporate governance issues.
- Candidate must have a Juris Doctorate, top academic credentials, and be a member in good standing of the Illinois bar.
- Law firm experience with clients in the financial services or technology sectors is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work independently under tight deadlines, and possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management skills and business judgment with a capacity to make decisions and give advice, which demonstrates an understanding of overall business objectives and the risks/rewards of each situation.
- Strong research and writing skills, and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a non-legal audience, are required.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.