Legal Forms and Content Specialist
Position Title: Legal Forms and Content Specialist
Reports To: V.P. of Content
Full or Part-Time (Hours): Full-time – Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Legal Forms and Content Specialist is responsible for document automation and maintenance. The Legal Forms and Content specialist will be responsible for researching information that small law firms need to enter in documents to run matters in different areas of law. The Legal Forms and Content Specialist will analyze and create specifications as it relates to client requests for changes to existing and new matter types. The Legal Forms and Content Specialist will also troubleshoot automation and matter problems, determine source, and advise clients on appropriate action. All responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Smokeball core values, standards, policies, and procedures.
1. Document automation and maintenance
- Learn to convert documents from PDF to Word following our internal processes.
- Allocate conversion projects to and QA converted documents from third-party sources.
- Automate Court/Authority forms according to specifications.
- Review and analyze the above forms in terms of relevance, automation, and use.
- Maintain our library of Court/Authority forms and ensure their currency.
- Manage the automation workflow for client-requested forms assigned to you from start to finish.
- Visit and/or call clients to obtain their feedback regarding Smokeball’s Court/Authority forms.
- Utilize project management software (JIRA) to track document automation progress in the workflow.
- Research the parties, key dates, and important information that small Law firms need to enter into documents to run matters in different areas of law.
- Identify forms, from Courts/Authorities (i.e. state and Federal agencies, title companies, etc.) that need to be completed within these matters.
- Keep abreast of changes in the law which will impact Court/Authority Forms and matter types.
3. Analyze and create specifications
- Assess clients’ requests for changes to existing matter types (practice-area-specific screens) and requests for new matter types by researching the relevant areas of law and communicating potential changes with clients.
- Proactively research and identify ways to improve our existing matter types.
- Create detailed specification documents for our development team to add/update matter types.
- Establish and build positive relationships with Smokeball clients.
- Be a subject matter expert with Smokeball and its new features.
- Laugh and learn everyday with your Smokeball teammates.
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise:
- Experience using or exposure to one or more of the following document automation / assembly tools: Hot Docs, Active Docs, Exari, iManage, Pathagoras, Pro Docs, The Form Tool, The Form Builder
- Experience in the following areas of law; Probate, Estate Planning or Guardianship additional areas of law include Personal Injury, Workers Compensation, Civil Litigation, and Family.
- Minimum of 1 or more years working in a Law Firm.
- Experience researching legal issues and preparing legal documents, including pleadings, letters, and Court/Authority forms.
- A Microsoft Word expert.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A professional demeanor.
- A proactive nature, who looks to find solutions to problems instead of just reacting to them or solving them just to resolve an issue.
- Able to receive constructive feedback and apply both old and newly learned concepts to work product.
- A willingness to challenge the notion of “that’s just the way things are”.
- Humility to ask questions, learn and improve.
- Be flexible and very comfortable with change.
- A Team player.
- A JD from an accredited college or university or a certified paralegal or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 1+ years working in a law firm.
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Time Management
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Limited with the ability to travel to client sites locally and nationally as well as to conferences and/or seminars as requested by management. Travel may include evenings and weekends.
- Microsoft Office
- LogMeIn Rescue
Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of every activity and responsibility that are required of the employee for this job. Activities and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. This job description should not be considered as a contract of employment.