Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe Partners has an immediate opening for a full-time experienced Transactional Attorney. This individual will be responsible for preparing, reviewing, revising and negotiating service contracts and other documentation. This individual will communicate potential risk to the internal business leaders and work together to negotiate contract terms and obtain requisite sign-off on revisions to template and other documentation, including Professional Services Agreements, Data Privacy Addenda, Business Associate Agreements, Subcontractor Agreements, software licenses, requests for proposals (RFPs), vendor agreements, NDAs, and Release Forms.
- Drive the full contract lifecycle from initial review to signatures and post-execution term management
- Prepare/review, redline, and negotiate contracts, including Professional Services Agreements, Data Privacy Addenda, Business Associate Agreements, Subcontractor Agreements, software licenses, requests for proposals (RFPs), vendor agreements, NDAs, and Release Forms
- Communicate the status of agreements and advise as to risks associated with non-standard legal terms (including IP ownership issues, limitation on liability, warranties, and indemnities) to necessary stakeholders and verify their understanding and acceptance of the legal and business terms of the agreements
- Develop and execute processes to increase efficiency and scalability for the internal legal department
- Assist with preparation for Risk and Privacy Committee and other internal meetings on behalf of Legal
- Provide legal training and updates to all new director hires
- Assist with implementation and management of contract review and management tools within the Legal team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years in-house experience reviewing complex commercial contracts, including drafting, redlining, and negotiation. Prior experience negotiating service agreements for the Big Four or other top tier professional services firms is strongly preferred
- Experience managing outside counsel is a plus
- Skilled at review and negotiation of contracts and other legal documents
- Excellent customer services skills and ability to communicate effectively and explain legal concepts to non-legal individuals (verbally and in writing) to junior professionals up to C-suite, as well as to listen actively
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision. Function on an independent basis and be a team player. Prioritize multiple tasks at hand. Ability to respond dynamically in prioritizing matters
- Sound, practical business judgment, and a problem-solving, client focused, results oriented approach
- Comfortable working with senior management as well as consulting and technical staff
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Excellent document reviewing and proofreading skills
- Strong skills at business writing, including spelling and grammar
- Effective and nimble in a challenging and constantly changing environment
- Strong organizational skills and priority setting
- Process-oriented; superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent team worker with good interpersonal skills and collegial attitude
- Skilled in MS Office Products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of SharePoint, Salesforce, DocuSign, and Onit, a plus
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.