Legal Operations Analyst at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Legal Operations Analyst based in Chicago, IL or Remote.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible, and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems.
Our legal team ensures that VillageMD complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics while providing information and guidance to management in support of the organization’s growth.
As a legal operations analyst on our team, you will work closely with our General Counsel to provide support for legal related initiatives and collaborate proactively with other departments on the resolution of business issues. We are looking for someone who is highly organized with excellent attention to detail and the ability to lead projects effectively from beginning to end. You’ll be integral to streamlining our legal documentation process and providing reports that will enable our organization to enhance our legal procedures.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing at VillageMD
- Operations Planning and Implementation
- Partner with department members to facilitate management of department plan and enterprise risk plan including developing monthly and quarterly reports of progress and productive
- Manage and improve a monthly, quarterly and annual series of reports that derive actionable insight for the legal team and the business
- Provide creative thinking to help identify and develop cutting-edge strategies for department effectiveness and service.
- Work cross-functionally with professionals in Legal, Finance, IT, Procurement and others
- Manage new hire onboarding processes for the legal department
- Coordinate quarterly department meetings and GC Staff Meetings by developing agenda with GC and leadership team, record notes and action items in each meeting, document and follow up on action items between meetings • Perform special projects and responsibilities assigned by the General Counsel
- Department Budget and Spend
- Coordinate between legal department members and finance to ensure timely payment of legal invoices, and insight into spend by matter, time and time period
- Manage and improve systems that provide clear visibility of spend against budget, performance against key performance indicators for legal spend
- Law Firm management
- Track panel of firms, usage, effectiveness, cost, and adherence to firm guidelines
- Partner and collaborate with department leaders to develop approaches for increasing value and reducing outside legal spend,
- Benchmark both internally and externally to stay on top of current trends and best practices
- Managing and continuously improving our legal technology to support the needs of the legal risk and compliance teams and interface with the business.
- Maintaining data integrity through data entry, data visualization, data cleaning and scrubbing
- Owning records retention for the legal department and managing legal department information and assisting department members with proper storage and filing.
- Support development of department training and policies, newsletters, announcements, and messages from leadership team; ensure communications goals support department and company objectives; measure effectiveness and relevance
- Identify training opportunities, facilitate education on best practices, and help create department-specific guidelines and policies
What will make you successful here
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative with very little direction
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Ability to demonstrate a consistent track record of both autonomous and team-facilitated execution with a sense of personal accountability for delivering results
- High emotional intelligence including the ability to develop substantial relationships and successfully navigate diverse partner groups
- Shown experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Ability to work on confidential matters while exercising sound, independent judgement
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year
- Develop a process to manage and prioritize inbound questions and requests from various business functions and serve as the main point of contact for the legal department
- Investigate business functions’ requests for legal review and present resulting research to General Counsel
- Work with General Counsel to identify legal risks to business, conduct investigations, and make recommendations for solutions
- Develop and support compliance-focused trainings and other materials for internal teams and departments
- Represent the legal function in cross-functional projects and ensure requirements are understood and implemented by other teams and functions
The following experience is relevant to us
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with a background in statistics, data analytics or data visualization
- 1+ years demonstrated work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience in legal/compliance, consulting, or analyst role
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and experience with SharePoint and Tableau
- Previous contract management experience also beneficial, but not required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.