Legal Operations Manager at PEAK6
PEAK6 is seeking an experienced Legal Operations Manager to join its growing Legal team. You will help manage execution of the departments day-to-day projects, the Legal department's budgeting and internal reporting, assist with onboarding of vendors and outside counsel, implement technology solutions and knowledge management tools, help to ensure that records management and other systems are implemented and are being appropriately utilized, and help build team strategy, structure and culture. The role also is key to improving the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal team by creating and improving processes, maintaining records, and coordinating communications between the Legal department and other cross-functional partners.
The role will report to Chief Legal Officer.
- Design and manage processes to positively impact the Legal team's productivity and effectiveness (including finances, knowledge management and litigation support).
- Work proactively with Finance on Legal budget, accruals and forecasting.
- Develop and manage billing and legal billing guidelines.
- Manage all vendor relationships with Legal service and technology solutions providers.
- Partner with Legal team to increase productivity, including identifying process improvements and implementing technology solutions like e-billing and matter management.
- Develop and maintain an internal Legal intranet page and content.
- Project management.
- Partner with Learning and Development to facilitate company-wide training on Legal topics.
- Train the Legal team and the broader organization on legal processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain Legal forms, templates, processes and FAQs.
- Support the Chief Legal Officer with Legal team structure, strategy, and engagement.
- Help organize Legal team meetings, offsites, and learning and development programs.
- Supporting the legal department’s efforts to benchmark and leverage industry best practices, and implementing department metrics and reporting.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in Legal Operations or legal program management. Hands on experience working on legal or operational programs/projects/processes.
- Experience with legal processes and systems mentioned above.
- Passionate about testing new ideas and innovating to drive results.
- Strong communication and influencing skills combined with demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to deliver to deadlines and manage competing priorities without impacting key requirements or stakeholder inputs.
- Ability to analyze data and propose methods for continuous improvement based on parameters provided by CLO or specific legal functions.
- Ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment.