We’re seeking an enthusiastic individual for our Legal team to join us in building the most transformative technology company ever. As a Licensing Specialist, your resourcefulness and inquisitive nature will provide our Compliance team with the ability to solve meaningful problems in a timely manner.
We’re looking for someone excited for a challenge, willing to learn, and can find deep meaning in being a strategic contributor to the business as part of the Legal Team.
Reports to: Compliance Manager
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain a licensing database for the Root employees and appointed producers
- Initiate agent/producer appointments
- Run licensing reports for new hires, identify continuing education, and additional license needs
- Assist in applying for or renewing resident and non-resident licenses
- Understand continuing education requirements and maintain calendar for due dates
- Resolve license deficiencies and related issues within state insurance department requirements.
- Track and monitor license expirations and renewals for individuals
- Assist in interpreting state requirements and communicate with Departments of Insurance as necessary
- Assist in the support of compliance and licensing initiatives
- Communicate requirements with internal teams and follow-up when necessary
- Create job aids to instruct team members on how to successfully signup and complete coursework and license applications/renewals
- Assist with system setup at onboarding
- Act as system access administrator for related third parties
- Manage agent/producer terminations in the licensing software
What we’re looking for
- Prior customer service or office work required. Prior experience and/or law firm/legal department experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets)
- Must be detail-oriented, able to multitask, and excel in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must be able to meet deadlines, work with a sense of urgency and have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and quickly adapt when changes occur
- 1+ years of experience in an office environment
- 1+ years of experience in an administrative assistant role
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.