Licensing Specialist at Supernova Companies
Supernova Lending is a financial technology company specializing in providing fully automated securities-based lending (SBL) technology solutions. We address all aspects of the SBL business from loan origination through the servicing of the line of credit over its lifetime to the closing of the line.
The licensing specialist reports to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Managing the company’s state-by-state licensing activities, including initial applications, monitoring applications through the approval process, responding to inquiries or requests for additional information from the states, tracking and ensuring all renewals are processed in a timely manner, completing all required reporting.
- Assist with the review of policies and procedures to ensure they are well documented and reviewed at least annually or as required
- Assist in the establishment of new policies and procedures
- Identify potential compliance risks that call for formal attention and help develop risk management strategies to avoid non-compliance
- Provide sales and use tax support
- Act as a resource to company employees with licensing and regulatory compliance questions
- Minimum 2 years with state licensing for non-bank lenders or banking regulatory compliance or a state financial institution regulatory body.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS)
- Experience working with government consumer regulatory agencies such as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Company, etc. is preferred
- Experience working with the consumer finance business of a global or regional financial institution is preferred
- Paralegal experience is beneficial but not required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail are key attributes
- Must be professional and able to work effectively with senior leadership
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite