Paralegal, Contracts Analyst at OneSpan
Support the Legal and Compliance team in the review and maintenance of OneSpan contracts in all areas of the business worldwide and performing ad hoc assignments in the areas of compliance, legal operations, and privacy as part of a dynamic, collaborative, multinational Legal & Compliance team.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare nondisclosure agreements, professional services agreements, partner agreements, RFQs, RFPs, and contract addenda based on pre-approved templates and terms, and ensure all drafts are legally sound and in compliance with OneSpan policies, practices and applicable laws and regulations.
- Use playbook and available fallback positions to provide initial responses to customer redlines,
- Assist in management and maintenance of OneSpan’s contract templates, management of contract lifecycle management system (Conga) including training and handling support issues from end users;
- Answer a variety of questions from internal stakeholders related to contracts, legal policies and processes and compliance matters,
- Assist in conducting checks of Sanctions and Denied Parties’ lists, including Specially Designated Nationals and other trade compliance matters;
- Administrative and paralegal support to internal stakeholders, manager and team including project management activities.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree, paralegal certificate or equivalent by experience
- 3+ years’ as a in a role with experience in the preparation, negotiation, and administration of software, SaaS agreements
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to explain complex legal issues
- Work well independently with little supervision;
- Ability to identify issues with a high attention to detail;
- Pragmatic but still organized and process-oriented;
- Professional, collaborative and flexible work attitude in a multinational working environment
- Fluency in English required; additional language skills in Spanish or French is an asset;
- High level of self-motivation and discipline; good sense of urgency; sense of humor
- Excellent time management skills in fast-paced environment.