About the role:
Our department handles every legal issue faced by Farmer's Fridge-from intellectual property to corporate governance, food safety to employment law. You will report directly to the General Counsel and serve as a legal in-house liaison to all departments, responsible for ensuring the Company's legal operations are efficient and organized during its rapid growth.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- An experienced paralegal seeking a role in the infrastructure of a rapidly growing company. The trail has been blazed for you but it needs constant maintenance.
- A problem solver who is comfortable stretching your knowledge to legal areas with which you may be less familiar. You are interested in diving into research projects as assigned by the General Counsel.
- A strong communicator who is excited to work with all business units across the company. You know the name and face of everyone in the org chart simply because you work with everyone in the org chart.
- You have a meticulous attention to detail and excellent judgement. You're the type of person who Googled "judgement vs. judgment" to know which was correct.
In a typical week, you will…
- Manage the entire contract workflow, including preparing NDAs, customer agreements, and consulting agreements based on existing forms, reviewing incoming agreements for key deal terms and clauses, routing contracts for approval and signature, and filing finished contracts.
- Update and maintain the library of form documents, contract clauses, and templates, as needed.
- Maintain corporate minute books, including drafting written consents, gathering approvals and signatures, and responding to internal and external requests for corporate records and information.
- Coordinate with external intellectual property counsel to maintain trademark and patent filings and defend against infringement.
- Update and maintain the virtual data room used by external investors.
- Act as project manager on multiple legal initiatives, tasks and projects.
- Have a willingness to perform legal assistant and administrative tasks as needed, including gathering signatures, managing and organizing all electronic and hard copy files (filing, scanning, saving and copying), creating/updating binders, and a willingness to pitch in as needed and be responsive to new/additional requests in a startup workplace.
- A meticulous attention to detail and an ability to exercise good judgement on day-to-day decisions.
- A history of being a collaborative team player and partnering with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to work independently, take ownership of projects, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations, and take initiative where appropriate.
- A desire to work in a fast paced, casual environment.
- Experience managing highly confidential information and materials with professionalism and unquestionable integrity.
- An outstanding knowledge of MS Office (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Adobe (secure .pdfs; redactions), and DocuSign.
- Experience with Salesforce, Microsoft SharePoint, Google G-Suite, and Carta a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years' experience working at a major law firm or in-house legal department, emphasis on corporate/transactional or contract management expertise a plus.
- Paralegal certification a plus.
- Traditional Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Daily Fridge Credits
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
About Farmer's Fridge
At Farmer's Fridge, we're committed to making wholesome, delicious food simply accessible, so people can live a little happier. We aim to remove the roadblocks to eating well on the go. That means sourcing top-notch ingredients, handcrafting meals in our kitchen, packing & delivering fresh to our network of Fridges and ensuring the best possible customer experience. Unpurchased items are regularly donated to local food depositories, providing responsibly sourced nutrition to community members in need. If you're passionate about our mission to change the food system for the better, our team just may be the right fit for you.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below.