Job Description Summary
We are an established but fast-growing data services and SaaS company seeking an experienced Paralegal to support our General Counsel and other members of the Legal Department. The Paralegal will be responsible for corporate governance, contract management (vendor and customer), litigation support and management, research, maintenance of trademarks, and assistance in mergers and acquisitions and will coordinate with a multi-disciplinary group of lawyers and executives. As a Paralegal on our team, you will have an opportunity to employ your problem-solving abilities and interpersonal skills to support our business.
- Corporate governance (e.g. draft resolutions and UWC’s, prepare NQSO agreements and other stock related documentation, maintain corporate books, generate minutes for company and its affiliates)
- Generate standard Legal Department agreements (e.g. NDA’s, consulting, staffing and severance agreements) and manage signature process
- Draft and maintain corporate formation documents, including preparation of Articles of Organization, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Operating Agreements, Stock Certificates, IRS Forms and Foreign Qualifications
- Preparation of state and local filings (including financial and business)
- Research state and local statutes
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence
- Maintain trademark list; coordinates trademark application filing with outside counsel
- Review documents in support of counsel (e.g. staffing agreements, 401(k) amendments)
- Manage documents relating to employee or former employee claims, EEO filings etc.
- Manage litigation files and related matters (e.g. coordinate subpoenas)
- In-house corporate paralegal with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Paralegal Certificate
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate practice
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize projects and prioritize workload while paying close attention to detail
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage projects for multiple attorneys
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight timelines
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Outlook)
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!