Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
We are looking for a self-motivated, proactive, and energetic paralegal to ensure the smooth running of our busy legal team. We are looking for someone who is flexible and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal and administrative services to Avant’s in-house attorneys.
What you do at Avant:
- Input, track, and maintain all vendor contracts, agreements, and leases
- Draft and deliver vendor termination letters
- Manage litigation files, calendar, and legal hold systems
- Assist with various discovery projects, investigations, and litigation tasks
- Investigate and gather documentation in response to subpoenas
- Provide administrative support, such as scanning, photocopying, and scheduling meetings
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s degree in legal studies and/or a paralegal certificate
- 2+ years of experience working as a paralegal for a law firm or corporate legal department
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Familiarity with legal procedures and protocols
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in prioritizing assignments and ensuring deadlines are met.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description