At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
We are an established but fast-growing data services and SaaS company seeking an experienced Paralegal to support our General Counsel and other members of the Legal Department. The Paralegal will be responsible for corporate governance, contract management (vendor and customer), litigation support and management, research, maintenance of trademarks, and assistance in mergers and acquisitions and will coordinate with a multi-disciplinary group of lawyers and executives. As a Paralegal on our team, you will have an opportunity to employ your problem-solving abilities and interpersonal skills to support our business.
- Corporate governance (e.g. draft resolutions and UWC’s, prepare NQSO agreements and other stock related documentation, maintain corporate books, generate minutes for company and its affiliates)
- Generate standard Legal Department agreements (e.g. NDA’s, consulting, staffing and severance agreements) and manage signature process
- Draft and maintain corporate formation documents, including preparation of Articles of Organization, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Operating Agreements, Stock Certificates, IRS Forms and Foreign Qualifications
- Preparation of state and local filings (including financial and business)
- Research state and local statutes
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence
- Maintain trademark list; coordinates trademark application filing with outside counsel
- Review documents in support of counsel (e.g. staffing agreements, 401(k) amendments)
- Manage documents relating to employee or former employee claims, EEO filings etc.
- Manage litigation files and related matters (e.g. coordinate subpoenas)
- In-house corporate paralegal with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Paralegal Certificate
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate practice
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize projects and prioritize workload while paying close attention to detail
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage projects for multiple attorneys
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight timelines
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Outlook)