Paralegal/Legal Assistant at Cameo
Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 300,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the role:
We are looking for a self-motivated, proactive and experienced Legal Assistant to ensure the smooth running of the office and effective matter management who is flexible and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal and administrative services to Cameo’s in-house attorney and outside counsel.
- Identify and implement a Legal IS system
- Assist with GDPR compliance
- Input, track and maintain all contracts, licenses, agreements, leases, intellectual property registration and maintenance requirements
- Provide administrative support to in-house attorney
- Follow internal procedures for Legal support of the business and research relevant information to facilitate effective matter management
- Type, revise, review and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Coordinate with outside counsel
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
What we hope you'll bring to the table:
- 7+ years of experience working as a paralegal/legal assistant
- 3+ years of experience working at a law firm
- 2+ years of experience working at a startup
- 1+ year of experience working on data, privacy and GDPR and compliance
- Experience in researching, selecting and implementing a Legal IS system
- Excellent proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and all aspects of MSFT 365 Office
- Ability to use both a PC and a Mac
- A high level of familiarity with social media, specifically Instagram, Twitter and FB
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Familiarity with legal procedures and protocols
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure with very short deadlines
- Legal Assistant certification or diploma
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.