Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking a motivated and highly capable patent agent with biotechnical patent prosecution experience. You will be exposed to cutting-edge technologies intended to help in the care of patients with cancer and other diseases, and will work with extraordinarily collaborative and cross-functional technical teams of product managers, engineers, scientists, and patent professionals all working hard to help patients and advance research in disease. In particular, you will work with our teams involved in the development of next-generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and variant science technologies.
- Participate in the evaluation, preparation, and prosecution of patents and patent applications.
- Provide support for patent enforcement, licensing and business transactions.
- Perform infringement and validity analysis and general portfolio management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Admission to the USPTO.
- At least three years experience in biotechnical patent prosecution.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing technologies.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and prioritize as needed.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and judgement skills.
- Experience with bioinformatics in relation to sequencing technologies.
- Advanced degree in a life sciences discipline.
- Significant industry experience in the life sciences.