Principal Compliance Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing department or functional units in support of the overall compliance program components.
How You’ll Do It
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of DFS, banking industry, compliance concepts, regulations, and respective requirements and identify opportunities to enhance overall program governance development
- Proficiently executes on developing strategies to support Compliance Monitoring & Testing governance.
- Support the governance of the Compliance Testing Annual Plan process
- Manage regulatory exam management process for the Compliance Monitoring & Testing team including inquiries, presentations and document management.
- Support the Quality Review process
- Oversee all aspects of governance reporting including presentation material development (e.g. compliance committee, regulatory examinations, audits, special projects)
- Develop, maintain, evaluate and update compliance standards, policies and procedures
- Provide effective challenge in applying compliance monitoring and testing processes
- Delegated authority to act on behalf of Director responsibilities and duties (e.g. attend meetings, make decisions, etc.)
- Take initiative to act on behalf of Director as appropriate (e.g. respond to inquiries, follow-up, prioritize, lead resolution of critical issues etc.)
- Communicates and escalates concerns, potential risks, issues, or deficiencies identified that may have enterprise-wide impact to drive culture of compliance
- Proactively take responsibility for self-development
- Completes ad-hoc assignments as requested
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business, security and intelligence, law, information technology, analytics or finance.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in business, security and intelligence, law, computer science, analytics, or finance.
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- JD, CISA, CIPP, CRMP, PMP, RIMS, or similar license/certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.