OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 5000 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
We are looking for a Regulatory Complaint Associate to join OppLoans' expanding and dynamic Compliance department! You will report directly to the Manager of Compliance - Complaints and will respond to direct and indirect complaints while implementing our Complaint Handling Program.What you get to do:
- Investigate complaints and collect requested data, communicating and responding to internal partners, regulators and consumers
- Work with a collaborative compliance team and other partners in multiple phases of the complaint process, including developing process improvement
- Import data into reporting database and analyze findings
- Take lead in writing complaint responses to regulatory agencies and assist with any regulatory exams
- Demonstrate ability to assess the material significance and relevance of consumer issues
- Manage transfer of approved compliance documentation as a result of compliance inquiries, complaints and potential lawsuits with bank vendors
- Perform data quality and validity checks on complaint database and report findings
- Help develop reports and goals which are concise, and provide value to business and management to improve the complaint handling
- Help with weekly and monthly reporting to send, upload documents following set procedures
- Accomplish Compliance-related activities through Feedback Loop interaction with management and partners and lead meetings and participate in presenting information
- Experience with complaint management at financial service firms, including reviewing, organizing, and deciding judgements on multiple complaints
- Proficiency in root cause analysis and other investigative tools
- 3 or more years experience reviewing sensitive information (customer documents, banking information), reviewing accounts, notate findings, making decisions on the compliant,
- Knowledge of (or the ability to learn) federal regulations under which OppLoans operates; Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices Act (UDAAP), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Lending, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), as well as others as
- SalesForce knowledge
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free Audible membership, access to all LinkedIn Learning courses, and monthly meditation and yoga classes. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].