Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you have experience working in regulatory compliance and want to help enhance and build compliance & licensing processes at a FinTech company?
Reporting to the Director of Regulatory Compliance, Avant is looking for a motivated self-starter to join its growing Compliance Department in Chicago. As a Regulatory Compliance Analyst: Licensing Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting Avant’s Compliance Program, specifically in the areas of State Licensing, State Regulatory Examinations, and Regulatory Readiness and Oversight. You will help support multiple products that include Unsecured Loans, Credit Cards, Auto Refinance Loans, Deposits, and Point of Sale Loans offered through the Avant platform. Your job will be to ensure regulatory compliance with respect to state licensing and reporting requirements, as well as building processes for seamless relations with state regulators.
In this role, you will be trained on and expected to maintain a degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations, including, but not limited to:
TILA/Reg Z, ECOA/Reg B & Fair Lending, UDAAP/UDAP, FCRA/Reg V, SCRA, MLA,
EFTA/Reg E, TCPA, E-SIGN, FDCPA/Reg F & state debt collection laws, GLBA/Reg P
and other privacy laws, BSA, OFAC, Red Flags Rule, and other AML related
regulations, as well as applicable state laws and regulations related to lending
and servicing licenses.
As a Regulatory Compliance Analyst, you will be expected to promote a culture of corporate compliance by the use of best practices and a compliant work ethic in accordance with Avant’s internal policies.
What you do at Avant
- Licensing Maintenance and Reporting: help obtain and maintain federal and state registrations and licenses. Assist in managing the reporting requirements via NMLS or other State-specific methods for the various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports due to States.
- Regulatory Examination Support: assist in preparing for and responding to State regulatory examinations, including assisting in gathering appropriate materials for submission as well as performing quality assurance checks
- Regulatory Readiness: assist in monitoring for and preparing analysis of regulatory changes and updates, especially related to state licensing laws
- Have the ability to multitask and can complete various tasks related to licensing and regulatory initiatives
- Assist in implementing regulatory changes that impact Avant
- Ability to project manage and engage relevant stakeholders to compile information for Licensing, Examinations, and applicable regulatory audits
- Prioritize tasks for the Department and schedule meetings, maintain minutes of meetings and create task lists
- Work with In-house Counsel, Outside Counsel, and Compliance Management as it relates to analysis and impact of business licenses
Why you are a fit for Avant
- BS/BA required
- Working knowledge of the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System and Registry (“NMLS”) – 1-3 years preferred
- Paralegal Certification or experience working as a paralegal / legal assistant preferred
- Notary Public (not required, but nice to have)
- Maintain working knowledge of Excel (3-5 years)
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate
- Excellent reading comprehension and writing skills
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.