Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Do you have experience working in regulatory compliance and want to help enhance and build the compliance program at a FinTech company?
Avant is looking for a new Compliance Officer to join the 20+ person Compliance Department in Chicago. You will be primarily responsible for assisting in the effective implementation, maintenance and administration of the compliance program and providing visibility around compliance throughout the organization. This position will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer.
In this role, you are expected to maintain a working knowledge of compliance management systems and consumer lending rules and regulations including but not limited to TILA, ECOA, FDCPA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, EFTA, TCPA, E-SIGN, BSA and other AML related regulations, with a particular focus on UDAAP and Fair Lending.
What you do at Avant:
- Facilitate the production and review of compliance reporting for the Board of Directors, internal compliance committee, senior management and other audiences
- Enhance and continue to build out the fair and responsible lending program covering both UDAAP and fair lending
- Document controls established by business owners by regulation and process
- Standardize policy and procedure documentation
- Develop processes to support and enhance internal governance
- Lead initiatives to increase the impact and effectiveness of the compliance program
- Review and update as applicable compliance program KRIs and KPIs
- Provide support for regulatory, bank partner and other external audits and examinations
- Manage and oversee compliance strategy for cross functional projects
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BA/BS required; JD/CRCM optional
- 2-5 years of financial services regulatory compliance experience
- Background working with federal and state consumer finance laws
- Experience operating in the Compliance Department of a consumer financial services institution, especially a bank regulated by the OCC, FDIC, Federal Reserve or CFPB
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate high-level writing proficiency and deliver detailed reports to management is imperative- experience producing compliance reporting is strongly preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Suite
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision
- Self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments, bank partners and state regulators
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.