Regulatory Compliance Program Associate
What you do at Avant:
- Produce compliance reporting for the Board of Directors and internal compliance committee.
- Enhance and continue to build out the fair and responsible lending program covering both UDAAP and fair lending.
- Document controls established by business owners by regulation and process.
- Standardize policy and procedure documentation.
- Develop processes to support and enhance internal governance.
- Identify and implement other compliance program enhancements to increase the impact and effectiveness of the compliance program.
- Review and update as applicable compliance program KRIs and KPIs.
- Provide support for regulatory, bank partner and other external audits and examinations.
- Manage and oversee compliance strategy for cross functional projects
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BA/BS required; JD/CRCM optional.
- 2-5 years of financial services regulatory compliance experience.
- Background in federal and state consumer finance laws .
- Experience operating in the Compliance Department of a financial institution.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate high-level writing proficiency and deliver detailed reports to management is imperative- experience producing compliance reporting is strongly preferred .
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data as well as state and federal regulations.
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to interface and collaborate effectively with other departments, bank partners and state regulators.
- Willingness to learn new skills and monitor aptitude development to optimize accuracy and performance.
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed