Senior Compliance Associate, BSA/AML at OppFi
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
- Coach and mentor management while working with a collaborative compliance team and other partners in BSA/AML/Fraud to provide guidance for new programs and changes that impact important risk controls, policies, procedures, systems processes and training
- Manage implementation and ongoing support of BSA/Fraud department’s transaction monitoring and customer due diligence platform
- Take lead in responding to partner bank and auditor requests about BSA/AML/Fraud controls, policies, procedures and processes
- Develop reporting of key metrics/KRIs and other measurements on the effectiveness of the BSA/AML/Fraud Program, risks and controls
- Review and provide Compliance approval of exception requests, new programs and business changes
- Influence partners to make necessary enhancements to controls, policies and procedures, systems, processes and training
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of technical BSA/AML/Fraud regulatory and risk management requirements and show commitment to continuing involvement in training, certification and professional organizational activities
- Communicate in a straightforward, structured and polished manner when influencing and connecting with others
- Assimilate complex information and communicate alternative
- Assess multiple demands and competing priorities to identify necessary resources and actions to handle critical work demands
- Seek and embrace opportunities to learn the business and gain exposure to different areas in the organization and perspectives
- Set and exemplify high ethical standards and holds self and others accountable for conduct
- Bachelor’s degree required, JD preferred
- 3+ years experience experience with BSA/AML/Fraud or compliance risk management or audit/exams at a financial institution
- Knowledge of federal regulations under which OppLoans operates; primarily the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Sanction requirements and other financial crimes prevention laws, regulations and guidance as necessary.
- Proficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, writing, research and follow-up skills
- Excellent time management and the ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.EEOC Statement: OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.