*Open to remote candidates*
The Contracting Lead is the lead for contracting and deal support on the revenue operations team. From a contracting standpoint, they are responsible for processing and reviewing non-standard contracts, including coordinating with outside legal counsel in highly complex situations. The Contracting Lead will provide legal advice and support across internal departments working in partnership with stakeholders to enable VEHS growth.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide internal support & guidance to Account Executives and Account Managers on contract negotiations, including application of discounting, packaging, and pricing framework
- Coordinate with finance, sales, and other departments to evaluate contract legal terms for non-standard opportunities
- Support and develop answer bank to common customer inquiries across legal, terms and conditions, and business risk and best practices
- Assess and advise on liabilities, legal restrictions, and risks of proposed transactions and devise practical legal solutions to meet the needs of the customer
- Manage legal review and redlining process for complex contracts; coordinate with outside legal counsel to address non-standard contract and redlining issues
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
- Respond to process & policy questions and effectively communicate requirements to Sales
- Challenge legacy policies and procedures that complicate quote, order, invoice, credit, commissions, and revenue processing, and formulate creative solutions or work-around based on that analysis
- Support ad hoc projects as requested
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Legal contract structuring experience
- 5-7 years of experience with deal desk legal contracts review and execution
- Diligent and proactive working style, excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues
- Ability to work independently and excel in a fast growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy and mitigating risk to the company
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- JD degree with corporate law
- State Bar memberships
- Ability to understand broader business and financial issues and juggle multiple projects and tasks
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]