Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Commercial Legal team is instrumental in keeping day-to-day operations and transactions moving quickly while protecting the company. We are growing and looking for a pragmatic, business oriented attorney to help support our fast-growing business and build for scale. Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.
What You'll Do
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of marketing agreements, including agency, talent, advertising, media, influencer and other services agreements
- Collaborate with and provide strategic and legal advice to various cross-functional teams, including but not limited to, Marketing and Sales
- Provide legal support for brand activation and other marketing campaigns.
- Serve as lead marketing attorney and “go to” attorney for all marketing groups
- Partner with Compliance and Product legal teams on advertising and regulatory review of marketing content
- Support an extremely fast-moving business with tight deadlines while providing diligent and thorough work product
- Develop and implement innovative ways to scale commercial legal processes and templates, specifically for marketing, but also for other commercial areas.
- Handle ad-hoc projects across a spectrum of complex business, legal, and strategic issues
What We Look For
- JD from an accredited school and current member in good standing with the California or another state bar
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience. Prior in-house experience a must.
- Solid foundation in marketing contracts and counseling and the ability to identify and solve for potential legal and business issues present therein
- Experience providing legal support for a recognized consumer brand
- Clear and concise communication skills to effectively collaborate and negotiate with both internal and external business and legal teams
- Great project management skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and remain collected under pressure
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take ownership of projects
- A team player mindset, pitching in wherever needed, whether or not it fits squarely into your role or expertise
- Adaptability in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and an enthusiasm for learning
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through Affirm’s products and services
- Humility, integrity and a killer sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.