Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats provides an opportunity to scale our best in class platform, allowing our fans to sit closer and see more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
As a Senior Counsel, you will manage and execute the Company's diverse transactional docket and provide general corporate legal advice to the Company. Your primary focus shall be the management of complex, significant transactions that are key to our corporate growth. You will report directly to the Vice President of Legal Affairs and will have exposure to the Company's partners, management, and all functional areas.
To be successful, you'll need:
- 8 or more years of relevant transactional/advisory experience working at a nationally-known law firm or in-house legal department, with at least 3 of those years spent at the firm.
- "Lead Chair" experience drafting and negotiating letters of intent, confidentiality agreements, asset purchase agreements, complex partnership agreements, professional services and technology-related agreements. Must have excellent analytical, detail-oriented, organization, and information-seeking skills.
- Experience with due diligence and deal-documentation activity.
- Highly developed business acumen, with an ability to understand Vivid Seats' business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise.
- Experience facilitating clear and concise communication with and among outside counsel, colleagues, and management. Must have excellent interpersonal relationship skills, including negotiation and relationship management, with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
- Ability to think strategically and to formulate creative and practical legal business solutions. Must be practical, proactive, business-savvy and results-oriented (no ivory-tower occupants, please).
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice and in good standing with an applicable state bar.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Vivid Seats.
- Although we seek an attorney with these specializations, we expect the ideal candidate also will handle multiple legal matters and subject areas relevant to our industry
Preferably, you'll also have:
- In-house experience, especially at an online marketplace.
- Relevant experience providing legal advice to an e-commerce company offering business to consumer or business to business services.
- Experience advising re GDPR, PIPEDA and the privacy and data security laws of the US Federal and State Governments is a plus.
- Experience with a range of intellectual property matters as they relate to clearance for marketing materials, trade secrets, licensing, patents, and copyright.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functional groups and develop mutually collaborative relationships.
What We Offer:
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans… and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606