Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm is seeking a Senior People Business Partner to help support the growth and scale of our Finance and Legal functions. In this role, you will be responsible for performing a wide range of People related duties. This includes the effective execution of People processes including employee relations, talent development, performance management and employee engagement. This role will assist in providing coaching and guidance to leadership and managers to drive solutions to business issues. The ideal candidate will be both strategic and scrappy, with the ability to embody and scale our culture as we continue to grow. This role is remote to anywhere in the US but may require up to 15% travel.What You'll Do
- Act as an advocate and strategic partner to all employees and managers and leaders across Affirm Finance & Legal functions.
- Understand business strategy and provide consultative support to drive key people priorities (assess, present findings/solutions, test, iterate and measure).
- Coach and build manager capability to navigate critical programs including onboarding, performance management, engagement, compensation and organizational development.
- Partner with Talent, People Operations and Compensation to communicate and drive People programs across client groups.
- Build high performing teams through facilitating off-sites, engagement survey action planning, new leader assimilation and team effectiveness exercises.
- Drive diversity, inclusion and culture within client groups by partnering with Affirm’s DEI team, while engaging leaders in high-impact action plans and tracking progress.
- Look for opportunities to develop consistent and equitable solutions that can be scaled across the organization.
- Deeply understand the specific business and talent needs (i.e. headcount, timeline, level, competencies) of the organization to propose and drive new People initiatives that align with those business needs.
- Consult with leaders and teams to enhance their team members’ performance and overall organizational effectiveness.
- 8+ years in People related roles with 5+ years experience as a People Generalist or similar role.
- Prior experience as a BP is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience of coaching leaders through performance management and employee relations issues.
- Intellectual curiosity about people and organizational issues.
- Experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor to executive team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Strong project management, change management, problem solving and analytical skills.
- A doer mentality with the ability to translate vision into action.
- Previous experience working in fast-paced environments and helping organizations scale.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.