Senior Principal Compliance Programs at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Senior Principal Compliance Programs role within Consumer Bank Business Compliance will support Discover Student Loans, and will be responsible for compliance advisory activities specific to regulatory matters including; regulatory exam management including drafting and review of responses where appropriate, coordinating with the law department and business partners, providing guidance on remediation, managing Compliance activities as part of exam responses, and coordinating Compliance remediation activities through closure. Additionally, the role will be responsible for senior management reporting, program management and execution, oversight and monitoring, and risk mitigation activities. The Senior Principal will collaborate with business partners, business risk partners and Law to ensure adherence to regulatory commitments and to develop enhanced monitoring and controls to mitigate compliance risk.
• Manages a team that maintains and enhances compliance program components. Provides support, coaching, and counsel to the team. Manages the development of team members by writing and assigning goals, conducting periodic coaching and feedback reviews, administering annual performance evaluations.
• Researches regulatory compliance requirements and evaluates the adequacy of business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, system and manual processes.
• Leads identification and assessment of compliance program risks and controls.
• Leads key components for management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance programs, and a culture of compliance.
• Creates and updates status reports of program initiatives, activities, and compliance issues to management and committees.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
• Bachelor's Degree in any field
• 8+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk, operations, including some people management
• In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk, operations, including some people management
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
• Master's Degree in Business, Security, Law, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Risk
• 10+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk, operations, including some people management
• Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager—Indicates strong knowledge and command of regulatory compliance requirements
• JD, CISA, CIPP, CRMP, PMP, RIMS, or similar certification/license preferred
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.