Overview of role:
The Office of General Counsel is responsible for legal guidance to all TransUnion businesses, both domestically and globally. Our responsibilities include legal and regulatory interpretations, managing litigation and acquisitions, guiding corporate governance and negotiating key agreements. Active participation in the management of the business helps us improve outcomes for the company. Our Governmental Affairs team works to educate lawmakers about our business and is active at the federal and state levels. Our collegial team offers diverse work, a significant opportunity to interact directly with business unit leaders, and flexible work arrangements.
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- Knowledge and understanding of the following areas of law are recommended: FCRA, GLBA, DPPA, HIPAA, intellectual property, technology, credit reporting law.
- 8+ years’ experience, preferably in a financial or regulatory environment, reading, interpreting, understanding and advising business partners on complex matters, including laws, contracts, business documents, company policies and procedure.
- Experience with handling and negotiating various contract vehicles and relationships.
- Experience in the areas of credit reporting and compliance strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills (logic, problem solving, issue spotting, and decision making). Excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills. Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Strong work ethic with the demonstrated ability to manage and turn-around a significant and diverse work flow in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment with minimal direct supervision, yet exhibit sound judgment in seeking guidance and direction from senior attorneys and escalating issues.
- The ability to build and foster relationships with peers, sales staff and management on all levels of the organization through excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
Impact you’ll make:
- Provide legal assistance and guidance regarding all aspects of ongoing legal and business matters for assigned company divisions, particularly on matters re:
- Data Use and Collection
- Product Development
- Legal and Business Advisement
- Provide policy and general advice to the company on deal-related matters as well as substantive matters related to new product development and other business initiatives
- Take primary responsibility for reviewing, negotiating and drafting complex corporate contracts and related documents in support of assigned company divisions.
- Provide advice to stakeholders, including Executive Leadership and the General Counsel, regarding applicable laws.
- Keep abreast of current legislative and regulatory developments, particularly with such developments that may have an impact upon company and industry operations.
- Provide support to team initiatives.
- Provide formal and informal training for internal clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.