Sr. Corporate Counsel
Growth with a Purpose
What you get to do:
- You will report to our General Counsel
- Research and advise on consumer finance and general corporate legal matters
- Draft and review commercial agreements and other contracts with minimal supervision
- Partner closely with business on streamlining processes and applying consumer finance regulations
- Oversee corporate matters and documentation related to OppLoan’s corporate entities
- Provide legal counsel and expertise on the development of new products and services
- Provide strategic support for compliance and risk groups
- Drive and execute special projects to support key objectives of the Legal team
- Work with business and technology teams to implement legal/regulatory changes
- Advise and assist both legal and business partners about legal issues affecting vendor agreements and other business transactions
- JD from top law school and current member of at least one State bar and in good standing
- Minimum of 5 years post-admission experience at a financial institution or law firm; experience, particularly at a high-growth start-up, is preferred.
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory environment of consumer finance and the ability to identify and solve potential legal and business issues present therein.
- Excellent business judgement and interpersonal skills to negotiate proactively with internal and external parties.
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
- Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E)
- Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN)
- NACHA Operating Rules and Guidelines
- Corporate entity structure
- State and Federal employment issues
- Data Privacy and Information Security
Employees Love Working Here
Customers love our product
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.