Sr. Investigator, Corporate Investigations - Chicago OR Crum Lynne at TransUnion
Sr. Investigator, Corporate Investigations
Work in a fast paced, challenging environment for one of the leading information and technology companies to prevent, detect and investigate fraud and ensure adherence to policies and procedures. The Senior Investigator will be a key participant in executing a strategy to identify and disrupt bad actors throughout TransUnion’s ecosystem.
The Corporate Investigations Department (“CID”) conducts investigations into instances of fraud, malfeasance, and account misuse, interacting with internal and external stakeholders across the enterprise. CID develops and implements industry-leading techniques in fraud prevention, detection and investigation. Team members are strong problem-solvers and project managers. We encourage professional development and recognize good work.
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Accounting, Audit, Forensics, or Information Security
- 7-10 years investigative experience in law enforcement or corporate investigations
- CFE or ACAMS designation preferred
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, logical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making
- Familiarity with case management systems, anomaly detection tools, and Tableau dashboards
- Experience with project and program management
- Must be able to work under limited supervision, following established procedures and exercising discretion and latitude in determining investigative techniques and methods necessary to conduct highly complex investigations
- Requires availability to work outside regular business hours and, on occasion, travel on short notice
- With limited direction, conducts high-profile, complex, and time-sensitive investigations that present increased financial, regulatory, and reputational risk to the organization
- Maintains a sizable case load, and ensures consistency in compiling evidence, documenting facts and providing direction for next course of action
- Engages with external fraud, law enforcement and industry groups to provide thought leadership and strategies for the identification and prevention of fraud
- Assist with the continued development, implementation, and optimization of investigative tools and systems
- Apply proficient knowledge and understanding of company policies and procedures, and federal, state and local regulations pertaining to credit reporting and related business activities
- Prepares timely, detailed, and objective written investigative reports, detailing due diligence and investigative findings, and distributed to various internal stakeholders
- Provides Senior Level Management with investigation updates, including timeline of events and gaps in the control environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.