We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Started in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As our Transportation Attorney, you’ll get the opportunity to be responsible for developing customized strategies to address legal matters in the freight and logistics industry.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who understands transportation contracts, especially where the issues include indemnification clauses, tenders of defense, insurance coverage, contract law, principal-agency, liability of brokers and shippers, and punitive damages.
What you'll get to do
- Providing advice across a wide range of legal issues, including transportation matters involving bodily injury, property damage, consumer privacy, consumer marketing, competition, intellectual property rights, and regulatory compliance
- Developing policies and procedures, identifying and implementing process improvements, and providing legal training to the teams you support
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- Ability and desire to provide an excellent work product that reflects strong research, writing, and analytical skills as well as drafting pleadings, motions and briefs
What success looks like in this role
- Strong academic credentials, including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar required
- 4+ years of experience working on transportation legal matters, specifically trucking
- 2+ years work experience at a top law firm
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- All candidates must be currently licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and the opportunity to earn employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Chicago’s West Loop
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description