VP, Associate General Counsel | New Markets & Growth at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a VP, Associate General Counsel | New Markets and Growth
At VillageMD, we're looking for a VP, Associate General Counsel of New Markets and Growth to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As a VP, Associate General Counsel on our team, you will work in partnership with our General Counsel and Chief Growth Officer on facilitating large transactions and new market development. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated interest and experience in practicing health law and should possess strong self-starter credentials with excellent writing, communication, and client-relations skills.
How you can make a difference
- Support the growth of VillageMD by working closely with our Chief Growth Officer to facilitate large transactions and new market development.
• Draft, manage and monitor all necessary inter-company agreements and corporate formation and management documents
• Manage entity formation. Corporate organization charts and ongoing entity reporting and maintenance to ensure all entities are property formed and remain in good standing
• Monitor adherence to corporate formalities and entity operations by and between entities
• Support matters related to capitalization including grants of equity, transfers, sales and assignment and work with the business to manage all capitalization tables
• Analyze and provide legal guidance on a wide range of regulatory, contractual and operational matters, including the interpretation and implementation of new legislation and regulation
• Provide clear, succinct, and actionable written advice to key executive stakeholders that reflects full understanding of the pertinent operations
• Provide support and guidance, and ultimately leadership, on compliance matters impacting transactions including Anti-Kickback and billing compliance
• Monitor, update, document and enhance legal operations tools and resources for clients including use of analytics, matter management and actionable reporting
• Provide support and assistance on training including recorded video podcasts as well as written materials and graphic guides
• Develop innovative ways to communicate effectively with the organization to achieve compliance goals
• Work as a member of the legal team and support other work streams as necessary and required
Skills for success
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative with minimal direction
• A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
• Ability and willingness to drive collaboration across the team and a commitment to transparency on open matters, next steps, and performance measurement
• High emotional intelligence including the ability to develop substantial relationships and successfully navigate diverse partner groups
• Shown experience performing under pressure in an extremely fast-paced and constantly evolving environment with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
• A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 10+ years of experience as an attorney and at least 3 years of experience in health care, insurance, or health related technology
• Demonstrated expertise with Medicare Advantage compliance and conducting contract reviews
• Illinois bar admission required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.