“If You’re Offered a Seat on a Rocket Ship, You Don’t Ask What Seat. You Just Get On.”
We believe that the best brands are a reflection of their cultures, and aren’t afraid to show it. Our life’s work is connecting people who share common beliefs. We’re a creative consultancy transforming brands and igniting culture inside organizations. We do strategy, branding, web experience, culture change, and expressive marketing in the digital channel.
Are you looking to put your wealth of unique experiences to the test? Do you nerd out on things like UI/UX, SEO, and conversion tracking? Do you love the idea of helping mid-market companies grow in the digital channel? Are you ready to find a company culture that can be a true reflection of you?
If yes to any of these questions, then let’s have a conversation. We aren’t perfect and don’t expect you to be, either. In the history of Mabbly, no one is really prepared for the day-to-day and there are not many organizations that have the breadth of skill sets we use every day. It takes a high level of inspiration and self-education to be a part of our growing tribe.
Mabbly was recently honored as an INC 500 company and continues to mature in our fifth year as one of the nation’s fast growing companies. As an Account Director at Mabbly, your role is to understand the client’s business strategy and identify areas of opportunity for growth in the digital channel. Most importantly, you’ll be responsible for leading the alignment between our client clients and our internal studio directors. You will also be responsible for building strong relationships with our clients and gaining trust every step of the way, from strategy to project planning and execution.
What You’ll Do
- Build strong long-term relationships with clients and their leaders.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships of their assigned accounts.
- Ability to earn the trust of both clients and internal teams through effective communication and a deep understanding of the needs from both sides; ensure client and internal teams are aligned.
- Lead regular client meetings and phone calls and maintain a high level of client visibility.
- Proven ability to communicate at the executive level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including delivering a presentation to an audience of boardroom executives. Effectively translating technical ideas to non-technical professionals and vice versa.
- Make critical in-the-moment decisions on the overall success of projects while staying focused on the high level picture to manage expectations and ensure success for internal and external stakeholders.
- Share client feedback to ensure internal cross-functional teams are delivering work aligned with client’s objectives and expectations.
- Identify and seize upsell opportunities within your client portfolio.
- Understand the technical and economic aspects of a client’s business in order to utilize Mabbly’s internal studios to formulate effective and logical strategies for your clients.
- Responsible for budget, delivery, resources, managing teams, and problem resolutions.
- Work closely with Director of New Business to define project scope and assist in development of SOWs.
- Work closely with internal studio directors to organize and plan the workflow of each client in order to provide outstanding work–on time and on budget.
- Proactively identify potential challenges within projects and assist tribe in resolution.
- Manage day-to-day tasks to ensure on-time project deliverables within scope and budget.
- Effectively collaborate with studio directors in the development and delivery of strategic and creative work.
- Inform Chief Growth Officer of account status and issues; involve senior Mabbly management as needed.
- Work with Creative and Technical freelance copywriters to ensure the voice and tone is achieved and strategically aligned.
- Proactively communicating with freelancers in a professional, efficient manner.
- Review all content deliverables before presenting to a client.
- A sharp eye for detail and strong organizational skills.
What We Need in You
- 5-8 years combined with education in management consulting, recovering law school student, or other non-traditional background with an understanding of business strategy, branding, go-to-market strategy, web design, or digital marketing execution desired. Experience in the digital marketing agency world is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong strategy and marketing skills across multiple channels.
- Must be a self-starter and problem solver.
- Extreme attention to detail. When it comes to client deliverables, the buck stops with you.
- Eagerness to learn about different industries and businesses models.
- The desire to be a trusted counsel to growing middle-market companies.
What You’ll Love About The Tribe
- Company culture and opportunities to grow.
- Autonomy to operate as you see fit.
- R&R. Unlimited vacation and personal day policy.
- Freedom. Flexible WFH policy.
- Health benefits. Medical, dental, and vision.
- Competitive compensation with a culture first environment.
- River North office. Office snacks and cold brew.
- Regular company lunches and happy hours. Yes, it’s on us!
- The work itself. Ability to work on challenging problems with a sense of purpose, autonomy, and mastery.