Advertising Operations Lead
The Team Lead is responsible for spearheading special projects for digital advertising. These projects may encompass market innovations, vendor integrations, process improvement initiatives, acquisitions, and system implementations. The Team Lead needs to be knowledgeable about multiple market processes, digital advertising operations systems, best practices, troubleshooting techniques, communication plans and organizational procedures.
- Participate in innovation testing, new product and creative rollouts – all platforms
- Focus on continuous process improvement by identifying areas for change or efficiency updates within National Revenue team or within the markets.
- Troubleshoot ad tech partner issues with the market support teams, as necessary, to determine the cause and solution
- Prepare and follow project plans to complete initiatives and evaluate their success
- Take the lead on generating ad tags for new sites and sections across all markets, in both mobile and desktop
- Coordinate with internal delivery team resources for product launches, perform internal deliverables as needed
- Assist with maintaining digital product catalog within order management system
- Assist in facilitating standard operating procedures for new advertising products across the Tribune network
- Assist in defining and documenting quality metrics for partners and internal processes
- Recommend, interpret and implement quality assurance standards that ensure quality service is provided to all customers
- Lead training and knowledge sharing sessions about various topics related to the current digital industry and specific Tribune digital strategies and processes
- Exhibit a strong knowledge of digital advertising operations systems and processes, as well as market specific procedures and tools
- Exhibit exceptional analytical, documentation, organizational, project management and listening skills
- Exhibit the ability to operate well in a multi-market team environment
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all utilized systems and policy standards and procedures related to digital advertising and Tribune Publishing
- Other projects, as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ work experience with strong aptitude towards the digital advertising industry, particularly in the areas of sales, operations and fulfillment
- DFP Sales, Google Ad Manaer, or comparable ad server/OMS experience is required
- Extensive experience using web debugging tools such as Charles, Web Developer, Google Publisher Toolbar
- Experience working with APIs
- Must have strong project management, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Must be able to work both independently with minimal daily oversight, as well as in a team environment, and be able to interact effectively with other team members, management and customers.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting, interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple assignments, with a high degree of accuracy, and function quickly in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must have a strong customer focus that conveys responsiveness and competence.
- Limited travel may be required