Advertising Operations Manager at Tribune Publishing
The Advertising Operations Manager oversees all of the Advertising related components of Digital Operations including but not limited to the ad insertion, sales planning, order trafficking, campaign monitoring, training and quality assurance testing for our online advertising systems.
The Manager provides product support to Sales and Marketing through campaign optimization to ensure all contracts have met their terms as well as inventory planning and management. This support includes all of Tribune’s properties. Campaign optimization and fulfillment will have a direct and significant impact on expense reduction and revenue growth.
- Manage a staff responsible for fulfilling and monitoring digital advertising campaigns.
- Manage a staff responsible for digital sales planning that may or may not sit within the immediate physical environment.
- Act as a liaison and digital subject matter expert to Sales, Tribune business units, partners, and 3rd party vendors.
- Strategically define sales planning and fulfillment processes, best practices and efficiencies and partner with Sales and Finance teams to ensure revenue is maximized.
- Creating a communication and support structure through which the markets can request information to enhance sales opportunities.
- Provide Quality Assurance and Training to ensure a high level of accuracy and metrics to demonstrate performance.
- Ensure the Ad Operations team is monitoring all advertiser campaigns and error rates for successful delivery.
- Ensure the Ad Operations team related to sales planning is checking for inventory appropriately, and building sales plans that ensure successful fulfillment and customer satisfaction.
- Manage offshore service providers and ensure they adhere to Tribune standards of excellence.
- Monitor all team members for appropriate communication, externally and internally, to ensure coaching is provided and DAO is represented in a professional and competent manner.
- Document performance and team issues in weekly status report.
- Hold all team members accountable to DAO standards for excellence, customer service, and execution.
- Manage a variety of direct report skillsets, including sales mentalities and operational mentalities. Ensure collaborative team environment is promoted and encouraged.
- Stay abreast of industry issues, trends, and ad serving solutions to suggest improvements or new ad products for the Tribune network of websites and apps.
- Represent team interests in new product innovations, knowledge sharing, troubleshooting, and best practice development around all things ad serving related.
- Communicate best practices and innovation changes to the team, applicable project teams, and relevant users across the markets.
- Perform quality assurance and testing on new sites, sections or products as necessary.
- Troubleshoot ad tag and ad serving errors as necessary.
- Perform applicable network and site maintenance to ensure optimal operations.
- Projects and other responsibilities as defined by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Outstanding time management
- Exceptional customer service
- Strong analytical background
- Strong knowledge of the digital advertising industry
- Strong knowledge of ad serving and order entry technology and systems
Work experience with:
- Google Ad Manager
- A digital OMS such as FatTail, DFPS, etc.
Travel required: Approximately 5-10% annually