Affiliate Marketing Director, Coupons
Are you a natural at building strategic affiliate relationships?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon. And more importantly, the Groupon Coupons team.
Groupon Coupons is Groupon's digital marketing affiliate business. We work directly with the world's biggest brands to bring exceptional discounts to our customers every day. You know when you search the internet for promo codes and they seem to magically appear? Well, that's us! We are a scrappy and energetic team that is able to function like a start-up while benefiting from the scale and resources of a Fortune 1000 company.
As a Client Services Manager you will support the Groupon Coupons business to develop strategic plans for affiliate networks, agencies, key clients and third parties. A successful candidate will have a strong sales and revenue management background with a track record for growing existing portfolios, developing lasting client relationships, and facilitating new advertiser program launches. We are looking for a confident and driven leader who has a passion for affiliate marketing. You will bring a consultative approach to your clients, working with them to come up with new and creative solutions to suit their needs. You will be a thought leader in the affiliate marketing industry, participate in conferences and networking events and be an advocate towards advancing Groupon Coupon's brand and position in the market.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a significant impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll spend your time on the following:
- Grow Groupon Coupon's top line revenue and achieve quarterly KPI targets
- You'll develop strategic relationships with key partners at networks, agencies, and OPMs
- Complete Quarterly Business Reviews with OPMs and Networks across accounts, bring back strategic insights and action items to the rest of the team
- Produce and deliver creative pitches and business proposals to win new business or increase scope of existing clients
- You'll spend time on-site with our key merchants and stakeholders, support account managers in building relationships with their merchants
- Attend conferences and networking events to increase Groupon's visibility and brand perception
- Develop agency-led strategies to identify new sales opportunities
- Complete weekly analysis on performance and identify risks and opportunities for further growth
- Understand the broader affiliate marketing landscape, educate the team on industry trends, best practices and competitor risk
- Be an advocate for our clients needs internally - work with content, merchandising and product to improve our value proposition
We're excited about you if you have:
- 5+ years of online advertising or digital marketing experience at a publisher, network or agency
- A strong Affiliate Network or Performance Agency background, who can deliver a results-oriented, consultative approach to addressing client needs
- You're a natural relationship builder, you love meeting new people
- You're results-oriented, meets or exceeds critical metrics
- Strong analytics skills, able to view and present data to prove return on investment and value to partners
- You're a strategic thinker with a balance of creativity and strategy guide your decision-making
- You're a self starter - you can work independently and have strong intuition
- You're organized multi-tasker who gets into the details and understands the big picture
- You're confident, natural and energetic leader
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word, experience with Tableau or other visualizations a plus
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.