Affiliate Specialist at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
The Affiliate & Display Associate will be responsible for increasing brand awareness, driving qualified traffic and contributing to new customer acquisition through strategic affiliate and display campaigns. This person will be tasked with driving traffic, leads, and orders to meet our growth goals for eCommerce. For display, the scope of work includes building, launching, and optimizing programmatic display campaigns. For affiliate, the scope of work will include cultivating and managing new and existing affiliate and influencer relationships, as well as management of all affiliate and influencer campaigns. This role will oversee day-to-day campaign management in both channels.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Overall: Create cohesive and integrated customer-facing campaigns to achieve traffic and customer acquisition goals
- Programmatic - Implement the media plan by managing all aspects of the digital media buying process, this includes but is not limited to: direct buys, programmatic buys, online video (OLV), streaming radio, connected TV (CTV), retargeting postcards, and over-the-top (OTT) campaigns.
- Build campaigns from scratch, traffic new creative and provide strategic recommendations to improve campaign performance.
- Creative asset ideation assets
- Align to media plan with proper targeting, tagging, audience segmentations, and naming conventions
- Export Ad Tags for delivery to DSPs and other vendors
- Media Buying and Pacing
- Setup DSP campaigns to secure media on behalf of our Brands
- Nurture and maintain strong relationships with 3rd party display vendors
- Use Dynamic Creative to simplify frequently changing creative
- Ensure there is low overlap in impressions between platforms
- Properly pace Brand budgets throughout the month with the goal that we efficiently spend every dollar without going over
- Allocate budgets to high ROI areas based upon: Creative, Creative Size, Ad Placement, Publisher, Bid, Frequency, Geography, Day, Time Of Day
- Pull reports from different technologies and vendors (ad servers, DSPs, Google Analytics, DMPs, Google Ads, etc).
- Leverage viewability reporting to improve client campaign performance, blacklisting and optimizing towards the best performing publishers
- Provide weekly insights and optimizations for each brand’s programs.
- Affiliate and Influencer - Develop, manage, and optimize Affiliate and Influencer campaigns to grow qualified traffic, gain new customers, and overall drive revenue.
- Recruitment - Proactively build the number of affiliate partners through outreach, recruiting and relationships to achieve monthly growth goals
- Identify and recruit new partners through various recruiting tools, as well as social networks, communities and groups, blog postings, and email
- Negotiate and manage contracts and commission structures for affiliates
- Relationship Building - Manage relationships with key affiliate and influencer partners; understand drivers of performance and identify opportunities to increase volume
- Develop close professional one-on-one relationships with relevant bloggers/content creators
- Meet regularly with partners (via phone and in person as needed) to strengthen relationships
- Understand and internalize Brand DNA and demonstrate ability to choose partnerships that will resonate with current and prospective audiences
- Inspire affiliates’ and influencer’s excitement and engagement about offers/products/services
- Pull reports from affiliate and influencer technologies and vendors and understand exactly what they mean and why
- Properly pace Brand budgets throughout the month with the goal that we efficiently spend every dollar
- Allocate commissions to high ROI partners based upon: AOV, LTV, new customer volume, and asset creation
- Monitor affiliate activity, analyze performance, identify areas of improvement, and recommend ways to increase affiliate performance
- Provide weekly insights and optimizations for each brand with program metrics such as number of affiliate partners recruited, conversion rates, number of conversions generated per affiliate, ROI, ROAS, etc.
- Lead discussions surrounding the ever-changing digital media landscape. This includes articulating industry trends, tactics, and processes.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 1 or more years of experience in digital marketing with a focus on programmatic or affiliate marketing
- Experience with media buying & trafficking.
- Platform knowledge: Google Display & Video 360, Google Campaign Manager, Google Analytics, CJ, Impact preferred
- Up-to-date with latest trends and best practices in online marketing
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Understands media planning concepts such as reach, frequency, frequency management, ROI and latency
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Project management skills with attention to detail
- Must stay current and maintain industry knowledge, trends etc. in digital space
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong relationship building, communication and negotiation skills
- Purpose and results-driven aptitude with an ability to accomplish tasks on deadlines
- Effective time management and organizational habits Ability to engage and influence partners Ability to independently prospect, recruit, and onboard affiliates
- Ability to independently setup and optimize programmatic campaigns Highly collaborative and persuasive
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.