Associate Brand Manager
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois has been selected by the State of Illinois to be the private manager for the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the State, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Marketing function is comprised of Insights, Consumer Marketing and the Brand/Product teams. Together they will reinvigorate the Illinois Lottery brand through the use of innovative, insight-led marketing techniques. The Brand / Product team, in which this role sits, is responsible for the cross-functional development of a full range of products, enhanced game propositions and market communications and delivery.
Reporting to a Brand Manager, the Associate Brand Manager is an integral part of a brand team. Brand Specialists' responsibilities are well-rounded and specifically designed to focus on marketing fundamentals including analytical and strategic, as well as applying overall business acumen to product & campaign development and tracking.
- Brand Marketing:
- Assist in the development of high quality marketing campaigns, built around consumer needs and experiences that apply multi-sourced consumer insights to business problems and planning.
- Help define brand and communication metrics for campaign activities and evaluate performance against objectives.
- Interpret media audit findings, econometric data and media buying briefs to optimize marketing.
- Work in cross functional teams well to exchange information and manage timeline.
- Aid in product development to define and quantify opportunities for innovation and product evolution, including the development of concepts and propositions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of product lines – sales, trends, profitability, and role in portfolio. Actively apply insights to all projects and contributions.
- Support customer-centric propositions and take-to-market plans for our Draw & Instant games portfolio.
- Monitor and analyze product performance in order to identify issues and trends, and develop tactical and contingency plans where required.
- Develop hypotheses and conclusions from multiple data sources to create robust plans, and the assumptions that underpin them.
- Handle ad hoc requests for data analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field of study.
- 2 plus years brand/product marketing experience required.
- Efficiently and effectively work in cross functional teams in order to exchange information.
- Ability to create holistic business reports with a focus on consumer trends.
- Proven experience working with, analyzing, and reporting data in order to evaluate product performance and drive portfolio improvement.
- Demonstrable brand marketing experience including agency/supplier relationship management within a recognized consumer driven market.
- Knowledge of the commercial aspects of marketing/product management, demonstrated through consideration of financial implications of marketing tactics.
- Knowledge of communication evaluation processes and brand performance metrics.
- Previous experience in the CPG, Lottery and/or Gaming industry preferred.
- Experience working within the Microsoft Suites and/or Google Suite technologies.
- Some understanding of the media marketplace. Specifically, understanding of the TV, press, radio, outdoor and digital media markets.
- Excellent written and numerical attention to detail.
- Comfort working in ambiguity.
- Strong business acumen.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.