Associate Campaign Manager, Research at Morningstar
The Team: The Brand team is looking for a self-motivated candidate to support a range of content marketing initiatives and to contribute project management skills to an emerging and high-profile campaign directly aligned with Morningstar’s goal to be a leader in the ESG investing space.
The Role: One of our marketing objectives for 2021 is to strengthen our global brand relevance across investor segments and investment types. A key strategy to accomplish this objective is to partner across marketing teams (Brand, Portfolio, Product and Demand Gen) to develop an integrated, through-funnel campaign framework. Another strategy is to develop experiences and campaigns that highlight our research and thought leadership, by working closely with our Research, Editorial, Media, and Brand Experience teams. The role is responsible for supporting the planning, execution, and project management of integrated thematic campaigns, as well as creating and managing launch plans for a defined portfolio of flagship and priority research.
- For larger thematic campaigns, project manage the development and implementation of a through-funnel campaign framework, coordinating across stakeholder groups including marketing teams (Brand, Portfolio, Media, Product and Demand Gen), research, and editorial.
- Support the strategy development and lead the execution of content marketing plans for research content from our Editorial and Behavioral Science, Policy, and Quant Research teams.
- Work across teams and across borders to develop and execute marketing plans to make our thematic research more broadly available for people to learn from and enjoy.
- Lead cross-functional teams to bring thematic campaigns and through leadership to life in ways that maximize reach and engagement.
- Lead marketing campaigns for research initiatives, including annual landscape reports, flagship editorial initiatives and other high impact research and editorial content.
- Successfully project manage all aspects of thematic marketing programs & campaigns, from strategy and planning to creative development and delivery.
- Test and measure campaign strategies to optimize performance and marketing channels and analyze campaign KPIs, providing feedback to various stakeholders to recalibrate.
- Use a “test and learn” approach with marketing tactics to determine effectiveness and inform future planning and share feedback with stakeholders throughout campaign process.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field.
- 2-3 years of work experience, preferably marketing experience at an advertising agency or client company.
- Proven ability to design, develop, and implement marketing strategies and supporting tactics.
- Understanding of investing and experience in/knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Exceptional project and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in working with cross-functional teams within an organization.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong creative and analytical skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-starter with proven ability to navigate ambiguity, move multiple projects forward, and succeed in a matrixed environment.
- Experience with marketing automation tools such as Tableau, Eloqua, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Adobe Experience Manager, BrightTalk, Jira, and wikis a strong plus.