Associate, Marketing (Paid Social)
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for a Sr Associate, Market Growth Marketing to support the growth of Grubhub and Seamless through marketing campaigns that drive diner acquisition and orders for at the hyper-local level, segmented by consumer type. This individual will play a key role within our marketing team and focus on driving accelerated growth for Seamless, as well as testing new consumer level targeted marketing for Grubhub and Seamless. The role requires someone that is just as passionate about analytics as s/he is thinking about the user experience and targeted brand marketing campaigns. While a self-starter, this person will also be a team-player that is comfortable working across multiple teams and departments to execute marketing programs that support company-wide goals.
We are looking for a Marketing Associate to join the Growth Marketing team that wants to take responsibility for accelerating the evolution of our Paid Social program through rigorous experimentation, constant curiosity, and a willingness to be scrappy.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Based in Chicago and reporting to the Paid Social Manager the Analyst’s role will consist of:
- Use your expertise in quantitative analysis and data visualization to understand user behavior throughout the customer journey.
- Develop data driven recommendations and experiments through data mining and defining quantifiable metrics for success.
- Be a subject matter expert on Paid Social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and Pinterest by keeping up with latest tools, betas, and emerging platforms.
- Own day-to-day operations for Paid Social app install and lead generation efforts including setup, optimizations, creative swaps, and reporting.
- Work collaboratively with Restaurant, Driver Recruiting, and Brand teams to take ideas from strategy to execution including building learning agendas, goal setting, and comprehending the data.
- Distill and communicate details, updates, and best practices across teams and stakeholders with attention to detail and accuracy.
You Should Have
- 2+ years year experience with SQL
- 2-3 years of experience doing quantitative analysis
- Experience with manipulating data sets with Excel
- 3+ years working collaboratively with teams across the organization including design, data science, and brand
- Knowledge of statistics such as hypothesis testing, experimentation
- Experience with campaign management tools such as Facebook Business Manager, Smartly, Kenshoo, and Nanigans
- Experience with digital marketing optimization
- Experience with measurement and attribution tools such as Google Analytics, AppsFlyer, and Branch
- Comfortable with prioritizing and communicating
- Experience with running A/B tests and tests that measure incremental lift compared to a holdout group
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.