Associate, Marketing (SEM) at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As the Paid Search Associate, you’ll play a key role in growing and shaping the strategic direction of Grubhub’s Paid Search program.
This is a multi-faceted role within Grubhub that will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our B2C and B2B paid search programs. This role will collaborate with internal stakeholders across a variety of teams.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
In applying for this position you should be comfortable with proactively performing optimizations and analyzing reports to identify areas of opportunity. We are looking for someone who is excited to bring new ideas, take risks and re-think existing approaches to this channel. At Grubhub, we are always innovating our methods to take Paid Search to the next performance level and this role plays an integral part in that process.
- Perform day to day optimization efforts to meet campaign objectives, including but not limited to: keyword expansion efforts, ad copy creation & testing, bidding updates and landing page testing
- Daily/weekly/quarterly budget management
- Ensure paid search campaigns adhere to best practices and troubleshoot any problems
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity and take action to improve our paid search program
- Play a key role in executing paid search tests and reporting insights to senior leadership
- Work collaboratively with the Manager to translate strategic vision into tactical solutions and results
- Analyzing reports to uncover data trends and translate the data into actionable recommendations
- Help influence strategic recommendations for our entire paid search program
- Assist in: brainstorming, executing, and reporting on experiments
- Leverage 3rd party bid management tools to improve effectiveness of our bidding strategy and operational efficiency
- Perform competitive research and stay up to date on the latest search trends
- Review and analyze reports to ensure campaign goals are achieved
- Foster relationships with search engine teams to ensure participation in betas relevant to our business
You Should Have
- 3+ years experience hands on management of multi-million dollar paid search accounts
- Experience in ecommerce or online retail is preferred
- Advanced user capability in Excel
- A proven track record executing paid search optimizations and accurately reporting results
- Previous experience utilizing Google Analytics
- Experience with SQL
- Proficiency with 3rd party campaign management tools like Kenshoo, Marin, and Adobe Media Optimizer
- Strong communication skills- ability to clearly communicate results, key learning, areas of opportunities for SEM program
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, economics, statistics or other related field
Got these, too? Even better:
- Experience writing Google AdWords scripts
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience managing paid social ad efforts on Facebook / Instagram
- Google AdWords Certification
- Experience using feed management tools
- Familiar building and interpreting cohort analysis
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.