Associate, Public Relations (Consumer and Brand Communications)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for a Chicago-based Associate to join the company’s Communications team, initially reporting to the Vice President of Communications. This person will help conceive and execute the national and local media relations consumer communications program that reinforces Grubhub’s industry-leading position in online and mobile food ordering, helps attract new diners to our platforms, and grows awareness of our brands.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, resourceful, determined, and entrepreneurial with experience in creating, managing, and executing campaigns that tells a company’s story, reinforces brand promises, and highlights points of differentiation in a competitive landscape. This person will also work closely with the rest of the communications team to create and tell new higher-level corporate narratives, and ensure consistency in messaging across all our lines of business. Strong writing and storytelling skills are a must, as well as the ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help manage and implement consumer communications plans, keeping Grubhub and our portfolio of brands top of mind with key media outlets with national and local press outlets
- Leverage existing and build new relationships with national and local reporters
- Work closely with the PR team’s data analyst to identify food trends and use Grubhub’s data to drive storytelling
- Lead brand/ad trade communications, shining a light on Grubhub’s creative campaigns
- Showcase Grubhub’s innovative, fun and scrappy office culture in national and local press
- Work alongside the B2B/Tech and Product Communications lead to help execute B2B and B2C
- Develop high-quality media messaging, pitches, press releases and all other materials needed to support company news and/or other external communications
- Aid in daily and monthly news collection and summarization for internal audiences
You Should Have
- 2-3 years experience of in-house or agency experience, preferably with knowledge of the food and/or tech industries
- You must be analytical and have a keen ability to build stories out of data
- You can’t be afraid of measurement and must have experience using PR measurement tools/analytics
- You are a team player. Working collaboratively must be a core part of who you are
- Experience working for a fast moving company/client is a plus
Got These? Even Better!
- Love for the food and restaurant industries
- Experience working with/managing external agency partners
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.