B2B Channel Marketing Leader at Legacy.com
Legacy.com is the place where life stories live on. We are the global leader in online memorial tributes; a top-50 website in the United States, and a destination for over 40 million unique visitors each month. Founded in 1998, Legacy.com is honored to help consumers express condolences, share direct support for families, and celebrate the people who have touched their lives. Uniquely open to profound messaging at this focused moment, users respond by sharing memories, purchasing gifts, finding event information, and making plans. Legacy delivers its community-targeted content daily via 1,500 local news media partners. We continue to broaden our offerings in our mission to help people seeking information and guidance on all aspects of end-of-life. Our vision is to become a full-service end-of-life and memorialization resource.
Legacy.com is looking for a dynamic, multi-faceted B2B marketing leader. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of and passion for channel marketing, company communications, and event planning. This role will be responsible for implementing and executing marketing initiatives for our B2B newspaper and funeral home partners, including strategic marketing plans, high-value events/tradeshows, special programs, partner communications, and brand building. This individual will be a key player in growing Legacy’s sales pipeline development while initiating change in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop programs that effectively expand our pipeline of newspaper and funeral home prospects/leads, influence existing partners in our newspaper and funeral home B2B channels and build brand awareness
- Lead channel marketing strategy, initiatives and program execution across Legacy’s newspaper and funeral home channels
- Drive ongoing communications with channel partners to keep them informed on new products, programs, promotions, etc.
- Measure ROI for all activities and analyze the sales funnel to identify areas for continual improvement; develop and execute campaign performance reporting to be shared across the sales and marketing teams
- Develop offers that will be used to recruit new channel partners into the program
- Lead project management and execution of Legacy’s presence at industry conferences and events by coordinating logistics, sponsorship activation, scheduling, budget tracking, marketing campaigns, sales enablement, content/presentations, etc.
- Own the planning and implementation of Legacy’s tradeshow calendar, display materials, product samples, and collateral for events and other key account activity that support strategic initiatives for our B2B newspaper and funeral home clients and prospects
- Expand the reach of Legacy’s conference sponsorships with multi-tactic marketing campaigns including pre-event promotion, landing pages, sales meetings, and post-event nurture campaigns
- Manage lead acquisition, processing, nurturing and follow-up, ensuring there is a cohesive pre-event, at-event, and post-event strategy to increase engagement and response rates
- Oversee channel marketing budget
- Work with the content team to identify and develop effective marketing assets and materials (emails, newsletters, webinars, partner portal, social media, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally to produce content and various marketing assets and other promotional materials to be used at field marketing events.
- Create scalable channel partner-orientated marketing programs and materials.
- Own various marketing communications hats when necessary
- Function as a translator when working alongside multiple teams and department leaders
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years’ experience building and executing marketing plans, supporting tradeshows, and coordinating B2B events
- Track record of owning tradeshow programs, including sponsorship assessment, project management, lead generation, sales enablement, digital advertising, marketing email campaigns and speaking opportunities
- Proven experience building relationships with sales teams and supporting programs to drive awareness and sales
- Experience working in Salesforce overseeing client data and reporting
- Sharp marketing communication skills: build creative and effective emails, presentations and campaigns
- Exhibit critical thinking for messaging in response to external inquiries
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to translate new offerings and technical product features into audience-appropriate language
- A proven track record of implementing successful B2B channel marketing programs
- Able to communicate channel feedback to internal stakeholders
- Empathetic to partners and an understanding of what motivates them
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications preferred
- Travel required 25-30%
- No direct reports