B2B Lifecycle Marketing Manager at Cars.com
Cars.com is seeking a proven B2B Lifecycle Marketing Manager to lead its customer loyalty and retention efforts. As a results-driven growth marketer, you will build an email marketing communications program to educate, engage, and amplify the value of Cars.com’s solutions. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product & B2B Marketing, you will lead this effort defining strategy and managing execution. Working cross-functionally with our Inside Sales and Account Management teams, you will leverage the client’s journey to define opportunities to retain and grow accounts. Success in this role includes delivering revenue for this important book of business.
- Develop and own the overall B2B lifecycle marketing strategy and program. Develop a strong understanding of client needs and how to best position Cars.com’s solutions in the market.
- Establish email marketing strategy to amplify the value of the Cars.com’s solutions to retain and grow accounts.
- Develop and lead the company’s B2B communications strategy and adoption of marketing automation technology, collaborate with Inside Sales & Account Management team to service a specific set of clients.
- Partner with Product Marketing to create and execute integrated communications plans across product and feature launches; lead the development of sales materials and execution across channels.
- Identify new marketing opportunities based on customer needs, industry trends, and competitive research.
- Create metrics and measurement platform to report on marketing activities, tie to business outcomes and deliver actionable insights. Strategically evaluate marketing campaigns and provide recommendations on new tactics to pursue.
- Exceed internal/external customer/stakeholder level of satisfaction.
- Advanced Pardot (or marketing automation) skills
- Ability to collaborate with clients and stakeholders across the organization to support business objectives
- Excellent communications skills – written and presentation – including a client-friendly demeanor with strong cross-functional leadership skills
- Comfortable in setting and delivering on priorities in a fast-paced setting; organized, creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to “connect the dots” across efforts as well as the organization
- Analytical skills to support measurement; ability to assess specific marketing tactics to deliver on unique objectives
- Meticulous attention to detail with a strong emphasis on thoroughness, accuracy & follow up
- High level of energy and enthusiasm; desire and drive to go beyond the status quo
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; advanced Excel experience preferred
- Team player that is willing to roll up their sleeves and hustle daily
- Experience managing integrated B2B marketing programs and lifecycle email campaigns from planning through execution
- Proven track record of partnering with sales
- Industry experience (third-party marketplace and/or auto category) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising
- 5-7 years of marketing experience
- Budget management experience
- Multi-faceted B2B marketing experience
- Knowledge of digital advertising; media/publishing experience preferred