Brand Growth Solutions Analyst
SPINS is seeking a dynamic Brand Growth Strategy Analyst to join our team.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
SPINS’ Brand Growth Solutions team is focused on helping SPINS' biggest clients achieve sustained, profitable growth. The team uses SPINS industry-leading Natural, Organic, and Specialty Products Retail Market Information in combination with robust consumer information, analytics and strategic analyses to generate powerful insights and develop profitable growth solutions. Comprised of experienced and entrepreneurial CPG and Retail professionals, the team is dedicated to delivering brand and retail growth. This high visibility, high impact part of our business builds and shapes the development of brand and retail growth solutions for one of the fastest growing industries in today’s market.
Our Brand Growth Strategy Analyst will work with our clients to help them capture their biggest growth opportunities. The Analyst will assist team members in delivery of strategic analyses, insights, and recommendations based on applying SPINS proprietary assets, in combination with each client’s own information and insights. This includes leveraging the numerous quantitative assets SPINS has developed, as well as the qualitative insights held within the wider SPINS organization. The Analyst must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently, contributing to broader team objectives while demonstrating ability to work independently.
The position reports to the SPINS Growth Strategy Manager, will be based in our Chicago office, and will require up to 10% travel.
What you bring.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university, in Business Administration or related discipline (Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics)
- 0-1 years CPG/Retail strategy experience or interest in working in the CPG industry
- Strong project ownership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently juggle 1-2 major clients and 1-3 projects concurrently
- Demonstrated expertise in translating data and analyses into relevant implications
- Strong analytic abilities
- Focus on practical business implications
- Advanced Excel skills (conditional formats, formulas like vlookups, pivot tables, etc.) and experienced with other MS Office products (PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and understand client needs and opportunities, as well as design, recommend and execute solutions to capture them
- Excellent presentation skills – very comfortable engaging with and presenting to client contacts, from junior levels up to Senior executives
- Entrepreneurially-minded business-builder
- Initiative, creativity and a passion to deliver results that make a difference to our clients
- Self-starter, with strong intellectual curiosity
- Comfortable with complexity
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Keen ability to understand the customer mindset and offer solutions
- Proven ability to work independently and efficiently
- Passion for the natural industry
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more