Brand Growth Solutions Manager
SPINS is seeking a world class Brand Growth Solutions Manager to join our team.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
SPINS' Brand Growth Solutions team is focused on helping SPINS' biggest clients achieve sustained, profitable growth. The team uses SPINS industry-leading Natural, Organic, and Specialty Products Retail Market Information in combination with robust consumer information, analytics and strategic analyses to generate powerful insights and develop profitable growth solutions. Comprised of experienced and entrepreneurial CPG and Retail professionals, the team is dedicated to delivering brand and retail growth. This high visibility, high impact part of our business builds and shapes the development of brand and retail growth solutions for one of the fastest growing industries in today’s market.
Our Brand Growth Solutions Manager will be working with our biggest clients (CPG, Retail, Private Equity) to help them capture their biggest growth opportunities. The Manager will lead delivery of strategic analyses, insights, and recommendations based on applying SPINS proprietary assets, in combination with each Client’s own information and team members. This includes leveraging the numerous quantitative assets SPINS has developed, as well as the qualitative insights held within the wider SPINS organization. This individual will be working directly with senior executives at our client companies to understand their opportunities and develop growth solutions and strategies to capture them. The Manager must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently, and lead other Manager and/or Analyst-level resources within SPINS and Client organizations.
The position reports to the SPINS Brand Growth Solutions Director, will be based in our Chicago office, and will require up to 25% travel.
What you bring.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university
- 2-5 years CPG/Retail strategy experience from blue-chip CPG company, Retail company, Consulting firm, or Market research firm
- Several projects in CPG and/or Retail industry
- Several projects in Sales-driven growth strategies (pricing, assortment, or category management solutions)
- Strong project leadership skills
- Ability to juggle 1-2 major clients and 2-4 projects concurrently
- Experience with managing work of 1-2 other Analysts/Manager when required
- Potential to grow into more senior team management role, managing 2 or more teams
- Demonstrated expertise in translating data and analyses into relevant implications
- Proven track record achieving measurable business results
- Strong client management and communication skills
- Ability to identify and understand client needs and opportunities, as well as recommend potential solutions to capture them
- Excellent presentation skills – very comfortable presenting to Senior executives
- Entrepreneurially-minded business-builder
- Initiative, creativity and a passion to deliver results that make a difference to our clients.
- Self-starter, with strong intellectual curiosity.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Comfortable with complexity
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Keen ability to understand the customer mindset and offer solutions
- Inherently savvy and skilled at leveraging business relationships at all levels within the organization
- Passion for the natural industry
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more