The Brand Manager will lead the development and growth within the Green Thumb family of brands. This position requires an experienced and high energy marketer who believes in the power of brands to deliver transformative products and experiences to meet consumer needs. With strong communication, creative and analytical skills, the right candidate will leverage data-driven consumer and business insights to drive strategies for brand and product development, multi-channel distribution, and effective and break-through communications strategies to deliver sustainable profitable growth for our brands. The Brand Manager will be a team player and leader who works collaboratively across functions to ensure organizational and operational alignment to deliver consistent, authentic brand experiences for our consumers in our fast-paced and growing organization. This position will have the potential for direct line leadership as our organization continues to grow.
- Develop, implement and manage annual brand plans in conjunction with Brand Director and Green Thumb’s long-term strategic plan, including brand positioning, product strategy, consumer and trade communications and promotions, and new product development.
- Explore market opportunities for a new brand to deliver a unique consumer-led proposition
- Explore the media landscape for the cannabis category and pilot breakthrough communications programs to drive our brands
- Establish and lead the new product development process by developing innovations and extensions that are breakthrough, consumer/customer-driven and profitable.
- Manage internal creative and external agencies, along with collaborate with regional, local, and retail marketing teams and partners to develop best in class marketing campaigns, promotions, and partnerships.
- Coordinate all new product development and launches with cross-functional teams including sales, retail, and operations (pricing, forecasting, procurement, commercialization and production).
- Support consumer and trade communications and promotions for Dogwalkers and &Shine, including coordination with sales, retail, field marketing, and partners.
- Analyze profitability of products; perform necessary cost-reduction measures to ensure existing and new products meet or exceed profit margin requirements and eliminate those that do not meet requirements.
- Establish and maintain brand budgets and key performance indicators that ensure brand health and growth targets are achieved effectively and efficiently.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of progressive brand management experience in the CPG industry.
- Experience working cross-functionally to translate brand strategies into company behaviors and company communications.
- Strong attention to detail and comfort with ambiguity.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with operations, finance, and sales.
- Experience directing and collaborating with internal and external partners (e.g., brand strategy, package design, research and promotion agencies) for brand development and execution.
- Demonstrated skill in leading strong cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated success in an early stage and or rapidly growing business.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently and cross-functionally with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Have a solid understanding and/or come to master the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the various state regulator agencies; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry