Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Brand Manager will be responsible for supporting and overseeing brand and product development, packaging, trade & consumer promotions and advertising, across both retail and manufacturing verticals. As a Brand Manager, you will bring your moxie and enthusiasm to market new products in our emerging industry. You will work collaboratively & cross-functionally with business development teams, sales, supply chain, and external partners to drive key initiatives and deliver results. Bring your consumer-minded marketing with premium brands and help us make it happen.
- Lead cross functional teams to develop and execute brand plans including new platforms, line extensions and brand restages, and the development of integrated marketing campaigns
- Lead business analytics (share, volume and revenue drivers, competition) to drive business objectives
- Track brand forecasts and brand marketing expenses, including advertising and consumer promotions, throughout the year to manage within the given budget
- Develop volume and spending forecasts for specific product lines or projects and make recommendations of yearly volume and spending budget
- Continuously monitor business and new item performance to identify issues and opportunities for improvement
- Utilize competitive, category, consumer, shopper, and retailer insights to further validate and optimize concepts to meet strategic objectives and identify growth platforms; develop products or concepts that will support brand strategies
- Develop and manage an innovation pipeline for the brand across all platforms and champion new products and package design
- Advance consumer insights and brand strategy and develop business strategies based on analysis of trends and results
- Partner with Sales to understand and help develop programs and products to support key customers.
- Develop sales presentations, materials and collateral that integrate brand marketing information and communicates key marketing programs, brand and product information.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree preferred in relevant field (Marketing, Business, Management, etc.)
- Progressive experience in the CPG industry with at least 5 or more years of marketing experience
- Experience directing and collaborating with external partners (e.g., brand strategy, package design, research and promotion agencies) for brand development and execution
- Ability to identify and apply critical consumer insights to new product development, with experience applying varying research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative) to the process
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, with experience managing a P&L
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Strong writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to effectively balance pace and execution
- Demonstrated skill in building and leading strong cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in and passion for the cannabis industry
We can't wait to meet you!
Read Full Job Description